Do you love data? Do you want to work with an amazing team? We are on the lookout for senior-level college students, or graduate students, who want to take their digital marketing analytics skills to the next level! As an intern, you’ll get to work among the most well-respected data experts in their field. You’ll work with companies from all sizes across many different industries. Gain a foothold within the Digital Marketing industry with your dedication and our expert training. This is truly a one of a kind experience you won’t want to miss.
Who are we? LunaMetrics is a digital marketing consultancy and Google Certified Partner located in the bustling South Side neighborhood of Pittsburgh. We set up Google Analytics implementations for clients. We specialize in tracking user behavior and marketing efforts across websites and mobile apps. We enable actionable insights and help guide marketing decisions.
Consistently rated a “Best Place To Work”, our open environment sets the stage for thoughtful and creative analysis to happen! We strive to make our office a fun and friendly environment. Beyond our vibrant decor and bumper pool, we have an unpretentious team and strong but approachable leadership. We consistently go the extra mile for clients and help them gain access to the data that delivers results!
That’s enough about us - Let’s talk about YOU!
As a Google Analytics Intern, your role may be custom-tailored to relevant interests, but overall your role within the department will be to assist team members in various project-related tasks. These tasks include:
- Reporting through Google Analytics and the Core Reporting API
- BigQuery data analysis
- Visualizing discoveries through Google Data Studio 360, Google Docs, Excel or Tableau
Our internship program starts with education and training with regard to measuring digital marketing, but progressively moves into more advanced work such as Google Analytics audits and implementation. As a goal, by the end of the engagement you should be able to fulfill the duties of a Junior Analytics Engineer or obtain a comparable entry-level position within the industry.
- Attend a LunaMetrics training session covering Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Conduct mini-audits of websites with regard to Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager implementation
- Provide support for any Analytics department/company staff with their day-to-day activities
- Become proficient within the Google Analytics Reporting interface
- Learn custom reporting and analysis techniques through real-world and training scenarios
- Assist team members in client deliverable creation including (but not limited to) Audits, Measurement Strategies, and Implementation Summaries
- Become proficient in assisting team members with configuration/implementation duties
- Assist department supervisors/managers with intra-departmental projects
- Perform any other duties as required
- This is a part-time, paid internship.
- You will be expected to work 20 hours per week.
- The term will last least three months, from September through December..
- You must work onsite in our Pittsburgh office.
- This is intense. You cannot have another internship. No moonlighting.
- You must be a senior-level college student preparing to graduate within the next two semesters, or a graduate student, in order to be considered.
Your major doesn’t matter, as long as you can contribute something unique to our company. Some of our most successful candidates have been Philosophers, Anthropologists, and Photographers as well as Stats and Business majors.
- Be Data-Driven: You are all about the data. Spreadsheets are your friend. You love Excel or Google Sheets.
- Be a Web-Native: You get the web and internet tech. Maybe you have a website. You know the difference between a search ad and a search result in digital marketing (paid vs. organic).
- Be a Problem-Solver: You love to solve problems. Maybe you love board games or strategy. Your favorite thing to do is to figure out why something isn't working, and how to fix it.
- Be Entrepreneurial: You will function in different roles and will need to thrive in scenarios where you are given big goals and lots of independence.
- Be Communicative: You must be able to communicate effectively and write well.
- Be Team-Oriented: Have a willingness to help out on projects that drive the company forward, regardless of whether it is your responsibility or not.
The Perks of being a Luna Intern:
- Real Client Work: You will gain exposure to real-world, top-shelf clients with real-world problems, and be a part of a team to come up with real-world data solutions.
- Work Tailored to Your Interests: When possible, we will make every effort to align our objectives for this internship with your relevant interests.
- Google Analytics Certification: As part of the initial training, you will be expected to pass the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ) exam and receive its certification.
- Attend a Training: When available, we will send interns to our week-long, public Pittsburgh training held regularly. Should one not be available, we will conduct personalized training in-house.
- Write a Blog Post: As a potential resume builder, you will be asked to write one blog post on a relevant topic. At the consideration of our marketing team, that blog may also be published on our site.
- Letter of Recommendation: When applicable, we will draft a letter of recommendation outlining your achievements in digital analytics and professional development to help set you on the right career path.
Real-world Google Analytics experience. Expert training. What’s not to love? If any of this remotely piques your interest, take that next step and apply. Don’t wait.
Get Set, GO!
The position begins in early-September 2017 and ends in December 2017.
The deadline to apply is July 31st, 2017.